What to expect:
Worship at Kenwood is energetic, spirit-filled, and inviting.
Preaching at Kenwood is dynamic, relevant, biblically sound, and applicable to life.
The people of Kenwood are authentic, faithful, and welcoming.
We strive to be:
- Spiritual enough to recognize the power of the gospel
- Free enough to embrace the movement of the spirit
- Educated enough to appreciate scholarship and liturgy
- Authentic enough to embrace our Afro-centric heritage
- Empowered enough to work in shared ministry
- Real enough to recognize the imperative to work for justice
- Bold enough to stand for change
- Conscious enough to appreciate history and tradition
- Relevant enough to live in the now
- Progressive enough to build for the future
- Secure enough to empower the next generation
- Compassionate enough to care for the least of these
- Hospitable enough to welcome the stranger
We are Kenwood United Church of Christ – Loving God… Serving Community… Uniting People!